Sunday, August 21, 2016

Shutter Makeover With Sea Spray


I love this old shutter but wasn't crazy about the color.
So, when The Dixie Belle Paint Company asked me to test out their new product, Sea Spray, I knew that it would be perfect for the shutter makeover.
Sea Spray is a powder you add to paint to add texture to the piece you're painting. Following the package directions, I added the Sea Spray to the color Hurricane Gray, also from Dixie Belle.
Once thoroughly mixed, I painted it onto the shutter using a chip brush. 

Even though I wasn't crazy about the green color, I still wanted a little of it to show through, so I didn't cover the shutter completely.
I dragged the chip brush lightly across the Sea Spray after the shutter sat for a few minutes and had started to dry. This knocked down some of the peaks and also added more texture.

Once the Sea Spray had dried completely, I painted the entire shutter with the color Drop Cloth.
 When the Drop Cloth was dry, I sanded the shutter to reveal the Hurricane Gray and the original green color.

I then stenciled a French logo onto the shutter and sanded over it.
To add even more "age" to the shutter, I added Dixie Belle glazes Grunge and Black.

 The shutter looks as though it has been painted many times over the years. I love the result of the Sea Spray!





Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby NestMomnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonTruly LovelyThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of LemonsMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  C.R.A.F.T., The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter BusterNap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy Gingerly Made,  Pink Heels Pink Truck,   Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies Live Love CreateThe Koenigs CreateBloom Designs,French Country Cottage, Daisy Cottage Designs, Orchard Girls, Elizabeth Joan Designs, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, Karen's Up On The Hill, Friday's Furniture Fix, DIY-Crush, Patina Paradise, Charm Bracelet Diva,


9 comments:

  1. I love the stencil you added to your shutter. I'm seeing this sea spray or sea salt paint on lots of projects. I see where you're an artist, also! I think I was born with a paintbrush in my hands...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! So many new products out there. This looks like a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Interesting! I really like the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chippiness of your shutter. I will be featuring it at SYC Thursday! :) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh this is absolutely awesome, seriously! I love weathered wood, I'll have to get me some of that! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. Hope to see you there again tomorrow morning! xoKathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {At Home}

    ReplyDelete

  7. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
    spray liner for truckbed

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...